Traveling to Santorini can be done by Ferry Boats or Flyings. In the older days the Ferry Boat was the clear choice mostly due to financial reasons, however in recent years and due to the rise of low-cost flights, flying to Santorini can be much cheaper than getting a Boat from Piraeus or Rafina.
Following you will find some tips on ideas on how to get a cheap flight when booking for Santorini. Follow these tips and with a bit of luck you will get a well-worthy deal this summer.
- Stay incognito when looking for a flight to Santorini. This is one of the most important aspects of getting cheap flight tickets. When you have shown an interest in a particular flight with a specific destination and dates, especially if you have been checking multiple times, the airlines store your data, and due to your interest and browsing history, the price will automatically start to Increase!
- Try flying during the week. If you ca n avoid flying during the weekend and peak time. Flying to Santorini during the week is more economical, mainly because it is a less popular time to travel. You will find the best flights are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the best days and also if you can fly early in the morning or late at night is also cheaper.
- Book directly on the airline’s website. Don’t forget always to check the rates directly on the airline’s website. Their booking system also allows you to check the rates through a calendar where you can search for the date with the cheapest rate available. Tow of the most popular choices are Aegean Airlines and Rayan Air.
- Book your flight in advance. Last-minute deals aren’t always the cheapest option. When visiting Santorini try to book your flight as early as possible. Also don’t forget to check the times of your flight, during the daytime tickets are always more expensive compared to nighttime or early morning tickets.
- When flying from abroad try getting a connecting flight. Flights with connections are usually cheaper than direct flights. Depending on the connection this maybe also give you also the opportunity to visit another country or city like Athens. However, keep in mind when booking these flights do it with the same airline company to avoid any missing flights due to delayed flights or tight schedules.
When visiting Santorini don’t forget that at Blue Island Rentals we also provide concierge services on the island. So you can have your ATV Rental, Scooter or Santorini Car Rental delivered to you at the airport or your Hotel. For any further inquiries, you can contact us through email or WhatsApp for any requests or any information on the below number +30 6987902072